19 October 2009

Kellan -- 2 months

So October 20th marks 2 months for Kellan. He has his doctor appointment a day early, so here's the stats:
Height: 23.8 inches (81%!!), Weight: 12.6 pounds (68%), Head Circ: 16 inches (65%)

All signs point to great growth...definitely ahead of the curve in all areas and WAY ahead of where his sister (teeny, tiny Miss Skinny-minny) was at this time.

Other updates with Kellan -- last Tuesday he started making direct eye-contact and smiling back at Chuck, Grace and myself. It makes my heart melt everytime he does it...and sort of giggles...SO adorable!! He also loves the Einstein mat and the mobile that hangs over his crib. He spent a full half-hour cooing and "punching" at it one day!

Grace is keeping busy (as can be seen in the recently posted videos) and is getting little tastes of what life will be like with baby brother at daycare because a couple times I have taken Kellan in with me when I've picked her up and she gets SO protective of him & won't let the other kids near him and once even tried to stop Dyan (our daycare lady) from holding him. She also got to spend a fun "sleep-over" with Grammy Barb. They met up with Uncle Sam and went to a Cougar volleyball game - and from the report I got...it was a big hit for the first half of the matches, then it was lights out for Grace!

Other family updates -- I had my first epidural steroid shot 2 weeks ago and Gramma carol came to stay with us for about a week since my back was still pretty messed up and to give me a chance to stay down and let my back absorb the medicine and start to heal (without having to wrangle 2 little ones all the time). So far it seems to be working well...my back has been feeling somewhat better and I have the second shot tomorrow, so am hopeful that will tip the healing process to my favor and make all this back nonesense go away. I'm also doing PT and in combination, hopefully I'll be as good as new...that's the hope anyway.
While Carol was here Aunt Callie, Uncle Brian and Caleb came down and visited and Grace had a ton of fun playing with Caleb. Whether they were running, dancing or bouncing on the bed (one of those "where did they go?" moments and then cue the "No more monkeys bouncing on the bed" & giggling from the guest room) the two cousins were having a blast hanging out!
Chuck and I went deer hunting this weekend & both of us got a buck, so we have meat for the freezer...and since I drew one of the new double-deer tags, I can still go out and nab a doe.
I think that's about it for now...but more is sure to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i’m an associate of mary anne radmacher’s and saw you’ve enjoyed her quote, “live with intention.” i know mary anne is so happy when people find inspiration from her words in the context of their daily lives. for more work from mary anne’s hand visit her website maryanneradmacher.net and her product site maryanneradmacher.com. mary anne has written several books and shares her work in many forms including conferences and classes. If you’d like more information feel free to e-mail me at jessicaformaryanneradmacher@gmail.com. thanks for sharing her words!