24 August 2010

The end of summer

It's come...the end we've been dreading...the end of summer.  Personally, I think we should be given an extra month since June was pretty much equivalent to March so it really shouldn't count in terms of summer, thus we all deserve an extra 30 days.  Alas...there were 300 DVM students in and out of my office yesterday, so I'm guessing others didn't get my Summer-Extension memo.  Maybe next year?!
So I decided that evening though it's a nice evening out...I'd take some time tonight to update the picasa albums and the blog since I know that tomorrow (when my classes start) things are really gonna pick up and updates will not be nearly as often as I would like...but are they ever??
The end of summer has been busy for us - we've been working hard on projects around our place...taking the kids to the water park...whisking G off to her gymnastics/dance lessons...going on bike rides...canning...yard saleing...working...you name it!!!
This past week G had her summer dance recital and on Saturday we celebrated K's 1st birthday.  A bunch of family and friends came over for BBQ, cake and laughs (especially when the tissue paper was the biggest hit!).  He got some fantastic BOY toys ....a welcome change from playing with so many of big sister's pink toys!
I hope you enjoy all the pictures...check out the slideshows in the right-hand bar...and I'll try to get a few new videos posted soon (they just take so darn long to load!)

No comments: