08 September 2010

Fun, Forks, Fall, Fair and Fotos...

Even though this past weekend was a 3-dayer for most, we extended it to a 4-day getaway to the Westside to visit G/G DeM.  We got some shopping done (me=cell phone upgrade), Chuck and his dad worked on various and sundry projects, I got help learning all about/cleaning/running my AMAZING yard-sale-find serger and the kiddos had a great time hanging out with grandma and grandpa.  We also took a trip to Forks...not for a Twilight pilgrimage (despite ribbing from a few friends!)...but to go to a special beach located between Forks & LaPush.  G & K had SO much fun playing in the sand, tidepools, and hiking in the forest.  All in all it was a fabulous weekend!
Fall has kicked off with school - for me (2 classes, back-to-back nonetheless) and preschool for G.  She is loving it...she really feels like a "big kid" and I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!  It also means fair time.  In just a few short days G will be showing in fair for the first time - a Highland calf - and she is pretty dang excited!! Now I have the task of finding show clothes for a tot...hmmmm....
Also, we took a step off the deep end and we are now....suburban owners.  Yup, you read that correctly.  Mom & Dad always told me "Never say never" and now it's biting me in the *ss! 
I also took a sewing class and learned free-motion quilting.  It was incredible!! It was one of the best things I've done for myself in a very long time.  8 hours of sewing, gabbing, and learning...and I walked away actually remembering...yeah!!  Then I came home and showed Chuck what I'd accomplished, he was amazed and somewhat in disbelief...but definitely encouraging!  If only he realized that encouragement may mean many more babysitting hours so that I can work on my projects! ;-)
So we did go and get photos when K turned one...he's a few for now...more "fun" pix to come soon!

No comments: