Uggg...it's been a pain & chuck has been realy worried, but we think we finally figured out what was going on. I went to the DR and they ran a bunch of tests & bloodwork, but it was my stepmom who put the pieces of the puzzle together to bring an end to this round of sickness. She had noticed the past couple weeks when she watched Grace on Tuesdays (which she's been doing since I have class and Chuck can't off work early enough to pick Grace up from daycare...incidentally, a Godsend!) that when she got home...the rest of the evening her guts were in a twist. Well I've been that way times 10 for a couple weeks and not able to keep anything in me. The Dr. figured I had some sort of virus or bacteria, but wasn't completely sure what. After Cheryl did a little internet searching of her own, she called and wanted to know if we had changed our fridge's water filter lately. We hadn't. Come to find out, if those filters aren't changed regularly...there is a bacteria that develops and causes all the unlovely sickness that I've been experiencing. And the really sad part is...the concern for dehydration was higher because of the pregnancy, so of course..."Drink LOTS of water!" So I kept drinking and kept staying sick. Perfect. Wonder what kinda karma this is??
So - mystery solved and I'm almost back to 100%, we've got a new filter...but the Brita made it's way back into the fridge - just in case!
Things have been moving along slowly thanks to the aformentioned illness, but still rolling. We got to enjoy the last two home Cougar games - and what freakin' awesome games they were! Grace came to both and had a ton of fun clapping with the crowd, dancing to the band and with the cheerleaders anytime they did something...and of course, watching Butch - from a distance. We also went to the Uniontown sausage feed with friends. We played some close rounds of BINGO while we waited and although we never won, it might have been hampered by Grace's fun marking the cards....whereever she felt there should be color. Oh well!
We're 15 weeks along now...officially due August 30th, but likely will deliver a week or two early (gotta love a scheduled c-section!). Things seems to be going well and mid-April we will know the gender and can start planning and getting ready. Crazy enough, I won't be the only huge, pregnant lady this summer...we have at least 6 friends who are due within 2-3 weeks of us on either side of our due date, so late August/early September is gonna be a big baby time!
think that's it for now...and I'm getting sleepy so need to capitalize on the chance to nap while I can (ie. before I head back to work) so will end with some pictures! Enjoy!
Grace giving some toys a ride! Valetine's Cutie 2009
Playing in mommy's snow boots & posing cute with Apollo
Getting big...can't believe she's almost 2!








No comments:
Post a Comment