Well today was (and still is) a bit traumatic for our little Kellan-man. We had to go into the Dr. first thing for his 2 week check-up --- all went well, he's grown an inch (or has finally "unscrunched" as Chuck puts it) and is up to 8# 10oz. so is growing quite quickly.
Unfortunately for him, this appointment also included a blood draw from some newborn screening tests and....his circumcision. I waited in the exam room while Kellan and Chuck went down the hall for the "procedure." Chuck and Tammy (the nurse) both said he did very well...didn't cry but apparently turned red as a tomato, ground down on his binky and toughed it out. Since we've been home, things have a been a bit more vocal, but still he's remarkably good about all of it.
Otherwise...we did have to make a trip to the ER a couple nights ago...I was having terrible pains in my lower right abdomen...right about where your appendix lives. I was fine with riding it out and seeing if jsut got better...but when it started really getting worse, following a quick trip to Costco...well, I finally agreed to go in to see the Dr. Unfortunately ReadyCare was closingi n a half-hour, so they sent me down to the ER. Ugggg! As soon as we walked in they told us they were having tons of swine flu cases in, so better to wear a mask, not touch anything and DEFINITELY not bring Kellan in (Grace was across the road at aour neighbor's...Thanks Dyan!). So...Chuck and Kellan went back to the car and I turned into a human pin-cushion. After almost 6 hours, 1 CT (all-clear), 2 IVs of saline, 3 different meds...it turned out the ER doc had NO CLUE what was wrong so said he would call it Endometriosis. Now, I'm no doctor myself, but I know that's not possible...and so did he, but god-forbid he admit he didn't know. Thankfully I had my post-op appointment a day later and my doctor knew exactly what was going on when I explained to him the pain I was still having. Turns out in the sutures from the c-section, they likely hit a nerve that fires and gets aggravated every time I have to use that particular muscle. Until the suture totally dissolves...I just have to tough it out and actually RELAX. The less I'm up and about...the less pain I have -- amazing how that works!
So...Kellan and I are just relaxing today - neither of us wanting to move too much and that is suiting us just fine.
Last night was a bit harder though because Grace had us cracking up pretty hard and that was really engaging the muscles that I wanted to keep relaxed. It was worth it though and I hope you enjoy the video! Be sure to note what's happening on the TV and then what Grace does a few seconds later...she runs the gamet of hip-hop, Broadway/jazz and contemporary! :-)
03 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment